Skip to main content

5 Life Hacks You Need

Hey Guys!

I like to discover new tricks that helps make life a little easier. As a student, with barely a penny in my bank account, I have had to be creative. Here's a few little tricks that might work for you to help make life a little easier for absolutely free. I can't guarantee these tricks will work for everyone, but all I know is that they work for some people so I guess there's no harm in trying it. 

1. Headaches, we all get them from time to time and there is nothing more irritating then a thumping head, so a tip to get rid of that persisting pain, is to place your feet and hands in luke warm water, placing your head on your knees and putting a bag of frozen peas on the back of your neck. You might look like an absolute fool but if you're desperate enough to get rid of your pounding head you'll do it. 


2. Period pain, some girls are very very lucky and have very little to no pain during their periods, unfortunately that is most defiantly not me. A wee trick I learnt can ease the feeling of cramps in seconds. This method is actually a reflexology movement, but don't worry, you don't need to pay €65 every month to get relief. You can very easily do it yourself, or try and get your boyfriend or who ever you can bribe to do it for you. Placing a little oil around the front of the foot, if you have it, if not you can do it without the oil. On your left foot place your thumb on the inner side of your foot, just underneath your ankle (where the bone is), using a firm pressure, working in small circular movements, move across the ankle. Work until you reach underneath the ankle bone (very technical terms), on the outer side of your foot. Make sure you keep a firm pressure to get the best result, but be careful not to hurt yourself. You might find the area a bit tender but that's to be expected. Do this movement over and back a few times, trying to relax and hopefully you will feel a relief from the pain.


3. Bruises, so this one is one I haven't tried yet and I'll admit, I'm a bit skeptical of it. I watched a You Tube video where this was mentioned. So apparently to get rid of bruises, or to at least reduce the appearance of them all you have to do is soak a cotton pad or a piece of wool in mouth wash... yes, mouth wash. Then just gently rub it over the bruise leaving it to dry into the skin and that's it!. The bruise is meant to become less visible and basically disappear. If any of you try it out be sure to let me know if it works, and if I get a bruise in the mean time, which is very likely considering how clumsy I am, I'll try it out and let you know.

4. Eyeliner, if your a big user of  pencil liners, you might know that some of them can be more grey then black and when they are black, they don't always stay on, let alone stay black. A quick way to make your liner darker, and last longer is to heat the tip of the pencil. Using a lighter or a hairdryer, ensuring not go too close or not to make it too hot so it doesn't melt, or so you don't burn yourself. Then apply your liner as usual and you'll notice how much darker the pigment is and how much long it lasts.


5.  Referencing, for anyone in college, you know referencing is the biggest pain in the neck and it can also be the longest part of an assignment. To save yourself some hassle and a hell of a lot of effort Google "Neill's toolbox" this website references for you!. All you have to do is select what your referencing (website, book, etc.), fill in the blanks, and copy and paste the reference into your assignment and your done. Give it a go, trust me, it's a life saver. Thank me later.

You may have heard of a few of these tricks before, but if you try them out let me know how you get on. Also, if you have any hacks you can't live without, let me know, I love trying them out.

See you soon! x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inglot HD foundation review

Hey guys! Over the past few months all I have been hearing about is Inglot's HD perfect cover up foundation, so I decided to go out and try it for myself. I purchased my foundation at the Inglot store in Blancherdstown. When I arrived a lady called Amy sat me down and helped me pick a colour suitable for my skin tone. Although we were waiting a while to get served, they were quite busy and I knew what I wanted so I didn't mind. When we were being looked after the staff were really friendly and helpful and actually listened to what I wanted instead of selling me what they wanted to sell.  As I don't wear fake tan we decided to go with a natural colour in the shade 71. Not the fanciest name i've heard for a product but its not the worst i've heard, so I guess it'll do.  The first thing I noticed was the packaging. The clear container with black rims is so clean cut and simple and very in touch with macs style of packaging for their studio fix foundation

Blushed Nudes

Hey Guys! It's 2016!! and I am sooo late with this blog, sorry for not posting in a while, i've been really busy... ( not really, i'm just very lazy... sorry..). Anyway, getting on with the actual post. Recently i've been seeing a lot of people take on the risky business of using pink toned eyeshadows. I know it sounds dodgy but if it's done right, it actually looks really nice and contrary to what you might think, you won't look like coco the clown. When I was out doing a bit of shopping (as usual). I came across a palette called 'The Blushed Nudes' by Maybelline. It has 12 different shades 11 of which are light shimmers and 1 matt colour. This is a great day-to-night palette, so you can take it anywhere. The palette also came with a spongy applicator thingy but it isn't pictured below because the minute I opened it... I lost it... its not a major lose ill get over it... I purchased the palette in boots for around about 15 euro. For

Top 5 YouTube musicians

Hey guys! Seeing as summers nearly over the majority of people will have one song that will forever remind them of summer and the adventures they had that particular year. This led me to scour the corners of YouTube listening to some amazing musicians that post their talents hoping people will appreciate the music they're trying to make. I found some really amazing voices and I really think they need to be heard so here's a list of my top 5 YouTube artist. Bare in mind this is in no particular order and it is also just my opinion. 1. Arabella Her real name is Phoebe Woodall and as her channel name suggests she does a lot of arctic monkey covers. Surprisingly she only has 14 videos uploaded so far but each of those videos never fail to impress me with thanks to her beautiful voice. It doesn't take a genius to realise shes incredibly shy but once she starts singing you can see her insecurities fall away as she gets lost in the music. It really is a lovely sight to