Skip to main content

Tk Max Haul






Hey guys!


So en-light of me trying to save for various necessary things such as college and a car, I decided to go shopping....great idea....
I ended up in tk max, which I usually hate because of the crowds, but it was surprisingly tolerable this time (i'm off on a tangent already, sorry). Anyway, because I had time to have to a nosey at all the beauty products without being pushed out of the way by a herd of yummy mummy's with their buggies, I picked up a few items.


First off  I got Sun Believable SCRUB ME body exfoliator, Scrub me contains natural walnut shell and ecuadorian ivory palm seed. I know what your thinking... what the f*** is ecuadorian ivory palm seed, and i'm here to tell you I have no idea either. But what I do know is that it feels divine on the skin, and that's all that matter right?!. Scrub me is applied to dry skin and massaged in while in the shower. After using it, my skin felt so good and it really helped with the dry and flaky skin on my legs (gross). It has a RRP of 22e but tk max being tk max sold it for only 8.99e for a 200ml tub, what a bargain. This product is targeted at fake tanners and i'm sure it would do a great job of polishing the skin before application of tan, but even for people like me, who are way to lazy and totally unconcerned about tanning, it's a great exfoliator for dull skin.


The second item I bought was Om She Aromatherapy milk & honey body souffle, and oh my god it smells like heaven. I am the worst at explaining smells but all I can say is it smells good enough to eat. Although it is slightly heavy on the skin when first applied, when it dries, it's most definitely worth it. It kept my skin moisturised for at least two days, which in my opinion is well worth the money. It didn't have a RRP but in tk max I paid 8.99e for a 250g tub. It is also sulphate and paraben free so that's an extra bonus to an already amazing product. Containing shea butter, vitamin e, and ginkgo biloba, it really does amazing things for your skin.
  

Whilst I was pampering my body, I decided I may as well pamper my face, so I bought Jeffrey James The Creme. From the start I was very impressed with this product. Paraben, sulfate and cruelty free, claiming "never tested on our animal friends and 100% vegetarian", its bound to be great!, but then I opened it. To say I was disappointed is putting it lightly. The first thing I noticed when I opened it was the smell, i'm not sure if its just my personal taste, but I absolutely hated the smell. To me it smelled quite woody, with a hint of cinnamon and a punch of bad BO. None the less, I decided to try it out anyway in hopes that I would think differently after I put it on (spoiler alert: I didn' t). The consistency was so thick and heavy on the skin, I woke up the next morning still feeling it. This product is suitable for all skin types, personally I have a combination of normal to oily skin and this product was terrible for it. Instead of improving it, it seemed to make it more oily and as a result I started breaking out. I'm not 100% sure of the price I paid for it, but from my recollection it was in or around 10e. This product did not suit me at all, but that's not to say it wont suit others, this is just my own personal opinion.


Lastly I bought Sukin hydrating mist toner. A rosewater and chamomile toning mist that is beyond refreshing. There is a list a mile long of all the bad stuff it is free from such as SLS and SLES and a lot more stuff that i've never heard of (maybe I should start paying more attention to the ingredients). This toner can be sprayed on the face after cleansing and also throughout the day for re-hydration. I paid 9.99e for a 125ml bottle and I would buy it again in a heart beat. My skin felt toned but not tight, which is what usually happens me with most toners. The small size means its so easy to throw it in your bag while your on the go, and when your running around getting things done, a spritz of this is like a second of calmness in the storm.


All in all i'm pretty happy with most of my purchases. 3/4 isn't bad. I would definitely recommend the Sun Belivable body exfoliator, the Om She Aromatherapy body souffle and the Sukin mist toner. As for the Jefferey James 'The Creme', well I think i'll give that one a miss next time i'm topping up my creams. All of these opinions are based on my own experiences. If yours differs to mine then that is totally fine. Let me know if you have any recommendations for moisturisers and I might try them out!

See you soon! x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inglot HD foundation review

Hey guys! Over the past few months all I have been hearing about is Inglot's HD perfect cover up foundation, so I decided to go out and try it for myself. I purchased my foundation at the Inglot store in Blancherdstown. When I arrived a lady called Amy sat me down and helped me pick a colour suitable for my skin tone. Although we were waiting a while to get served, they were quite busy and I knew what I wanted so I didn't mind. When we were being looked after the staff were really friendly and helpful and actually listened to what I wanted instead of selling me what they wanted to sell.  As I don't wear fake tan we decided to go with a natural colour in the shade 71. Not the fanciest name i've heard for a product but its not the worst i've heard, so I guess it'll do.  The first thing I noticed was the packaging. The clear container with black rims is so clean cut and simple and very in touch with macs style of packaging for their studio fix foundation

Blushed Nudes

Hey Guys! It's 2016!! and I am sooo late with this blog, sorry for not posting in a while, i've been really busy... ( not really, i'm just very lazy... sorry..). Anyway, getting on with the actual post. Recently i've been seeing a lot of people take on the risky business of using pink toned eyeshadows. I know it sounds dodgy but if it's done right, it actually looks really nice and contrary to what you might think, you won't look like coco the clown. When I was out doing a bit of shopping (as usual). I came across a palette called 'The Blushed Nudes' by Maybelline. It has 12 different shades 11 of which are light shimmers and 1 matt colour. This is a great day-to-night palette, so you can take it anywhere. The palette also came with a spongy applicator thingy but it isn't pictured below because the minute I opened it... I lost it... its not a major lose ill get over it... I purchased the palette in boots for around about 15 euro. For

Top 5 YouTube musicians

Hey guys! Seeing as summers nearly over the majority of people will have one song that will forever remind them of summer and the adventures they had that particular year. This led me to scour the corners of YouTube listening to some amazing musicians that post their talents hoping people will appreciate the music they're trying to make. I found some really amazing voices and I really think they need to be heard so here's a list of my top 5 YouTube artist. Bare in mind this is in no particular order and it is also just my opinion. 1. Arabella Her real name is Phoebe Woodall and as her channel name suggests she does a lot of arctic monkey covers. Surprisingly she only has 14 videos uploaded so far but each of those videos never fail to impress me with thanks to her beautiful voice. It doesn't take a genius to realise shes incredibly shy but once she starts singing you can see her insecurities fall away as she gets lost in the music. It really is a lovely sight to