Skip to main content

Blushed Nudes

Hey Guys!

It's 2016!! and I am sooo late with this blog, sorry for not posting in a while, i've been really busy... ( not really, i'm just very lazy... sorry..). Anyway, getting on with the actual post. Recently i've been seeing a lot of people take on the risky business of using pink toned eyeshadows. I know it sounds dodgy but if it's done right, it actually looks really nice and contrary to what you might think, you won't look like coco the clown.

When I was out doing a bit of shopping (as usual). I came across a palette called 'The Blushed Nudes' by Maybelline. It has 12 different shades 11 of which are light shimmers and 1 matt colour. This is a great day-to-night palette, so you can take it anywhere. The palette also came with a spongy applicator thingy but it isn't pictured below because the minute I opened it... I lost it... its not a major lose ill get over it...


I purchased the palette in boots for around about 15 euro. For the amount of use i'm getting out of it for my day to day wear it was a very good buy. One thing to be warned about this product is that some people find there to be an awful lot of fall-out (that's the bits of eyeshadow you find on your cheeks after spending half a day trying to cut your crease). Personally though, I don't find the fall out that bad. I find the urban decay naked palettes to have far more.


Here's swatches of the palette so you can see the colour pay off. The first 6 are the top row left to right and the last 6 are the bottom row left to right.


P.S. If you find that your eyeshadow fades off with this palette (or any other shadows) try using an eyeshadow primer, that should help keep your makeup masterpiece stay put!

Thanks for reading and as usual if you do try it out let me know how you get on, I love hearing feed back.

See You Soon x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inglot HD foundation review

Hey guys! Over the past few months all I have been hearing about is Inglot's HD perfect cover up foundation, so I decided to go out and try it for myself. I purchased my foundation at the Inglot store in Blancherdstown. When I arrived a lady called Amy sat me down and helped me pick a colour suitable for my skin tone. Although we were waiting a while to get served, they were quite busy and I knew what I wanted so I didn't mind. When we were being looked after the staff were really friendly and helpful and actually listened to what I wanted instead of selling me what they wanted to sell.  As I don't wear fake tan we decided to go with a natural colour in the shade 71. Not the fanciest name i've heard for a product but its not the worst i've heard, so I guess it'll do.  The first thing I noticed was the packaging. The clear container with black rims is so clean cut and simple and very in touch with macs style of packaging for their studio fix foundation

Top 5 YouTube musicians

Hey guys! Seeing as summers nearly over the majority of people will have one song that will forever remind them of summer and the adventures they had that particular year. This led me to scour the corners of YouTube listening to some amazing musicians that post their talents hoping people will appreciate the music they're trying to make. I found some really amazing voices and I really think they need to be heard so here's a list of my top 5 YouTube artist. Bare in mind this is in no particular order and it is also just my opinion. 1. Arabella Her real name is Phoebe Woodall and as her channel name suggests she does a lot of arctic monkey covers. Surprisingly she only has 14 videos uploaded so far but each of those videos never fail to impress me with thanks to her beautiful voice. It doesn't take a genius to realise shes incredibly shy but once she starts singing you can see her insecurities fall away as she gets lost in the music. It really is a lovely sight to